These turned out so well that I wanted to share them. I made them from a box of baby and toddler clothes that the customer sent me. It was an interesting and fun project that went very quickly. The hardest part was waiting for the clothes, and then the backing fabric to arrive. I backed all of the (knit) fabrics with sheer fusible interfacing, and it worked very well. Pellon brand worked much better than the store brand.
I guess I was expecting frilly, pastel clothes, but these were in strong colors with a number of batiked dresses, so that set the tone for the quilt.
I found a great batik fabric for the backings and bindings. It took almost all of the three yards I ordered. The quilt is 45″ x 63″, and the pillow cover is 18″ square.
The pillow cover is my favorite. I did finish it with a couple more tiny gold glitter hearts after this picture was taken, right where the quilting is. I finished it with a zipper, inserted per a Sew Mama Sew tutorial.
I quilted around all of the motifs, and added stars, hearts, and flowers in all the plain areas. I cut stars and hearts from Sulky Sticky stabilizer, and moved them around the quilt and pillow as I worked. I didn’t worry about making anything too perfect. I just tried to keep it free and fun, and it was fun to quilt.
Can’t wait to see what you finished this week! I’m linking up with Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.