Between Christmas and New Years I found three pieces of great kids’ construction fabric on deep sale at eQuilter, and I couldn’t resist. I kept the patchwork to a minimum so I wouldn’t spoil these wonderful prints.
The very orange accent quilting was with Superior’s New Brites (30wt.)
And this is the other:
The new thing I learned to do on these was to make a binding with a flange, all one piece, finished by machine. It was easy to do, and I love the effect. It took about twice as long as a regular binding, but was a lot quicker than finishing by hand (as if I do that!). I thought these simple quilts could use the extra detail.
I lost the link that was shared on Twitter, but here’s one very similar. Nadine of DreamWeavers Quilts shared a link to a tutorial at Fresh Off the Frame. I cut my accent strip 1 3/4″ wide. I also had better results trimming the seam allowance after I joined the two colors together. It pressed and handled better for me. By the second one I felt like a pro. I’ll definitely use this again.
I had a lot of fun with these two little quilts. They’re for sale in my Etsy shop.
Hope you’re enjoying your finishes! I’m linking up to TGIFF.