March is winding down, so I wanted to file my report for March-A-Long, #marchalong, hosted by Darla at The Scientific Quilter. I’m pleased to say that I’ve done very well this year at sewing daily. The cold weather may deserve some of the credit. Staying in to sew was most inviting. So far, I’ve only missed sewing one day, and I did put out a quilty blog post that day, so that counts.
These pillow cover tops are cut from a vintage tablecloth. I was waiting for backing fabric, which has arrived, so I should get them made.
While waiting, I cut up my scraps from one of the construction baby quilts into 3 1/2″ squares and pulled many more from my scrap bins. This was my first layout. It felt harsh, and like a checkerboard.
I cut some more squares from Kona Ash and some pale yellow prints to soften it up. The finished quilt will be twin sized, but this gives the idea. I like this much better.
Hope you are doing something quilty every day.