I finished up these four pillow covers Monday (two of each). The tops are made from a great vintage tablecloth. I don’t have any idea of the age, maybe 1960’s? Help me out if you know.
It was in nearly perfect shape, except for a permanent stain near the center. This allowed my to cut four 18″ tops from the four corners, two of each design.
Without any flaws or thin spots, I didn’t stabilize it with anything, I just treated it like new home dec fabric.
I layered the tops with cotton batting and white cotton fabric, and did a little curvy quilting on each with variegated pink Sulky rayon.
The backs are a gray Kona, envelope style with a single dot of Velcro to keep them closed. I machine bound them with Carnation pink Kona. These are listed in my Etsy shop, but if they don’t sell soon, they may end of on my sofa!
Hope you are making progress on your projects.
I’m linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.