Yesterday I buckled down and cleaned out this cabinet that backs up my sewing table. I really like that it supports the weight of the quilts while I’m quilting, and also gives an extra surface for cutting, but I didn’t feel I was making as good use of it’s storage space as I might. Also, I had rolled up wall hangings stored in the open and I worried about them eventually fading. And it was on my September Get It Done list.
So I cleaned out thirty years of craft supplies, and managed to reduce them to the bottom shelf so that the quilts can live on the top one. I kept two knitting UFOs, some novelty yarn, a huge counted cross stitch project, paints and brushes, and Girl Scout things with which I’m not yet ready to part. I donated a big bag of boring yarn, print making and chair caning supplies, and many boxes of photo frame Christmas cards. No, I never sent photo cards, but they worked well for paper pieced cards for special friends. Whew! Feeling lighter now.
I finished two small autumn wall hangings.
And I started pulling fabric for Scrap-in-a-Box, the mystery quilt that will be starting in January. I hope some more of you will join us in this. I’m not going to finalize or cut till at least next month. I want to look at the colors for a while, and I should do other things that are on my September list.
Hope you are making the progress you want. I’m linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.