Yuri and I are here to show you the finished Baseball Quilt. This is for a sick friend who may need a little extra hug to get through till pitchers and catchers report.
The back has a Mets theme, if you can’t see it.
The big 8″ Drunkard’s Path blocks (I made templates from a cereal box!) went together very quickly. Then came the quilting. I used dark gray Bottom Line on the top and bottom for most of it. I stitched in the ditch between all the blocks first, mostly to make sure the baseballs were anchored down. Then I stippled all the background pieces, and outlined the baseballs. Finally, I used one of my machine’s decorative stitches (Bernina #23) with red 30 wt. thread to make the stitching lines. I had to stitch each line twice, once normally, then once in the mirror image. They’re not as even as I would like, but I think they work.
And here’s Yuri to demonstrate the resulting snugglebility of the finished quilt.
Thanks for stopping by!