Yesterday I finished the Black and White Stars Baby Quilt. This was a quick, spontaneous little quilt just because I came across that pile of fabrics in my stash. I liked making the wonky stars enough that I may do another project.
The binding is a little different: I matched it to to value of the quilt. Usually, I would contrast it to act as a frame, but I didn’t want any more busy-ness on this one.
I used a total of eight different black and white prints (six on the front, plus two additional on the back), as well as black and white Kona solid.
I tried a new (to me) batting. It is thicker and heavier than Warm and White.
It was not more trouble to sandwich or quilt, but I do think it shows off the quilting a little better.
And it produced a very snuggly quilt, as you can see.
Hope you’ve had some great finishes lately.