Today I finished the little Star Wars quilt I worked on this week. It evolved a lot since my first concept, but I like the way it turned out. And I have a lot of left over fabric that I cut along the way, so there will be a sequel. I wrote a tutorial on inserting the orange strips into existing blocks.
The back is a blue geometric, a band of of orange Fairy Frost, and a section of gray moonscape.
I quilted it in a six” grid with gray Bottom Line. Then I used NiteLite Extra Glow thread (Superior) to quilt diagonal lines in the direction of the green streaks in the fabric. I did both a long straight stitch, and #44, a “hand quilting” stitch. This would take some tweaking to really look like hand quilting, but the forward and back stitching put down lots of thread to enhance the glowing effect. I used this is a quilt I made my son long ago, so I know it last through years of use and washing.
Batting is Warm and Plush. 35″ x 41″
Of course, Yuri snuggle tested it, and it passed.
Coming soon to an Etsy shop near you.