Happy 2017! A nice, blank year spreads before us. Judging by the amount of fabric I’ve bought recently, I’ll be sewing a lot!
1.Sandy’s (Quilting for the Rest of Us) word this year is “Balance”. I have the opposite problem from many of you, in that I have plenty of time to sew and don’t always take advantage of it. My life has definitely gotten in the way of sewing this year. There are lots of reasons, but a lot of it boils down to distraction and/or laziness. I developed bad habits of sitting around while my knees were recuperating and I need to replace them.
I’m making an appointment with myself to sew every day from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M. If I start earlier, fine, especially in warm weather. If I go back to it later, fine. If I tweak the time, fine. I just want a target and to know that I can put the housework, etc., aside and go quilt.
2. This year I want to finish my largest UFO, the Slow Quilt. I have some ideas about cutting it down or otherwise changing it to improve it. Finishing it will free up a lot of physical and mental space, and take some fabric out of the stash.
3. Continue to work on the way I store things in my studio. My personal quilts are hard to reach and take up space I could use for other things. The fabric needs to be refolded and organized. And going through it will make sure I see it all again.
4. Work on those art quilts again!
5. I’m going to take another fifty yards out of my stash this year! (Four hundred yards in the past five years!)
I’ve enjoyed reading all your New Year’s and goals posts. Good luck to all of us for a successful 2017!
- Make pink baby quilt. Yes! Finished and gifted.
- Blocks for Kat’s block drive. Yes! And I mailed them.
- Finish cutting for Surrounded by Scraps mystery quilt. I’ve cut all the print fabrics. I’m cutting the background as I need it.
- Step one for SbS mystery quilt. Yes!
- Make commissioned baby quilt. Yes!
- Complete Clue #2 for Surrounded by Scraps. Yes!
- Make blocks for HollyAnne at String and Story. Yes, I made a dozen.
- Finish assembling top for Scrappy Stars Around the Corner (last year’s mystery quilt from Charlotte). Yes.
- Quilt and bind SSAC (see above). Yes! Here.
- Take out my Storm at Sea (the Slow Quilt, photo at the top of this page) and make some decisions. Yes, I took it out. I’m still thinking about it.
Bonus: I made this donation quilt.