At first it looked like this, with plain 9″ blocks of the print. Blech. I put it up on Twitter, and the Twilters agreed it needed something. That’s when I cut the blocks down to 6″ and added borders (Snow). That gave me an opportunity to fussy-cut the fabric a little. I like the result.
If you think this only has a little diagonal quilting, good, that’s the effect I wanted. But, really, It has a lot of quilting. I first stitched in every ditch with fine thread (Bottom Line), and then did the diagonal stitching with Fantastico.
I’m linking up to Let’s Make Baby Quilts at Michelles’s Romantic Triangle