Today I started work on Clue 2 of Surrounded by Scraps, Charlotte’s mystery quilt for this year. The ironic thing is, yes, it’s another #bigheavyquilt, and I suppose you’ll get to hear me complain again when it comes time to quilt it. Oh, well. I want it for our bed.
HollyAnne from String and Story passed along a recipe for homemade spray baste. This is the first I’ve heard of it. It’s said to work well, and sounds easy to make. One reason given for making it is the high cost of commercial spray baste. I think folks who are feeling this must be using way too much. You know I finish a lot of quilts, but I swear I only go through about two cans a year. I use June Taylor, and I whiff it ever so lightly over each layer. I use so little, I’ve wondered before if the quilt were just being held together by good intentions! But, no, when I need to peel back a layer for some reason, it’s always nicely stuck. I started a new can on Super Bowl Sunday (Feb. 5), so let’s keep track of how many quilts I get from it. Remind me!
Also, here’s the Quilters’ Alliance Contest and Auction. The theme is “Voices”, and the quilts are just 16″ square. I did this a few years ago.
Hope you’re making lots of progress on your projects!