Here’s my latest finish. It’s a fun size (48″ x 60″), and was quick and easy to make. It includes two Star Wars fabrics, some batik, some metallic print, another gray print, some blue Grunge, a blue geometric, and some Kona Ash. I found these scraps while straightening some of my fabric drawers and decided to make them up for donation.
How do you keep your blocks in order for assembly? Usually I number them using Crayola Washable marker. This time the blocks were too dark, metallic, etc., for the marker to show up on most of them. Instead, I used numbered bits of blue painters tape, which was really more work than I wanted to do. These stuck long enough to get the blocks to my sewing machine, and it went together properly. However, the tape started to come off as I was sewing and stuck to everything else in sight. I wore a few numbers to dinner that night, and I am still finding them. Please tell me a better way!
The quilting was a lot of fun. The light-colored diagonals are sewn with Superior NiteLite (glow-in-the-dark) thread, and I experimented with some decorative stitches to put a little more thread on there. I use gray Bottom Line for the swirls and ribbon candy.
I pieced the back with more of the scraps.
I haven’t decided where I’ll be donating it yet, but I have a few ideas.
I’m linking up to Sew Some Love at Kat and Cat Quilts.