This week I put together this baby quilt that I designed a few months ago. It has it’s roots in quilts I made in 2012 and 2013, but with much larger blocks. The blocks are all real signal flags, but I chose them for their graphic appeal, rather than their meaning.
I had a signal flag print ready for the backing, but as I was looking for some fabric to piece into it, I found a big piece of this great fish batik, and this nautical stripe that I used for the binding. Love those fish!
This sunny picture shows the quilting. I wanted improv wavy lines across it, but was afraid I would have trouble making smooth lines on such a large space.
I used both sides of two rulers to mark a few lines. That left these voids between the wavy lines, so when I echoed the waves, I doubled back to make wave/flame shapes to fill in.
Incidently, I spray basted this using that same can of June Tailor I started back on February 5. It’s getting low, but I think I can do one more quilt in January!
I had fun making this, and I think it came out well. Find it in my Etsy shop soon.
I’m linking up to Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.