Happy New Year! Yuri and I have been hard at work on this year’s goals. Unlike regular resolutions, which can be difficult when all you want to do is stay inside and eat comfort food, January in the northern hemisphere is a good time to renew commitment and focus on quilting. The house is clean (or it will be when our Christmas is all put away), we’ve received new books and tools as gifts, extra family has gone home (or will soon), and I’m certainly not outside gardening or even walking right now!
Time on task: Similar to last year, I want to be more disciplined about spending time in my studio. I’m not really going to do much housework anyway, so I may as will quit procrastinating and get to sewing. Especially in these cooler months.
Creativity: Let’s not say “art quilt”. Let’s just say I want to experiment with more techniques and incorporate new things into my quilting. I plan to read/reread some books and magazines and choose some to try.
Color: My color selection tends to be…bold? bright? saturated? I want to make at least a few where I lower the volume and get a bit more subtle. This will be limited by my current stash and scrap collection, but it’s a goal.
Stash: I’m going for another fifty yards of stash reduction. This is pretty modest. It allows me to buy quite a bit of fabric, turn my stash over a bit, and use the scraps. Some of the new fabric will be low volume.
Best of luck to all of us in this fresh, new year!
- Quilt and bind low-volume donation baby quilt (zebras). Yes!
- Quilt and bind bright cat donation baby quilt. Yes!
- Complete Clue 1 of Charlotte H’s Summer Stars at Fawn Lake. Yes!
- Make string blocks for Kat’s Jan/Feb Covered in Love block drive. Yes!
Bonus: I also made two quilts for my Etsy shop, and another on commission. I also appliqued cardinals to complete an old wall hanging.
- Complete Clue 2 of Charlotte H’s Summer Stars at Fawn Lake . Yes! Cute, tiny units.
- Complete and mail current commission quilt. Yes!
- Quilt and bind Gold and Green Christmas Quilt . Yes!
- Sew up grocery bags from birdseed bags. Mostly. Two are finished and the other four need handles.
Bonus: I made a Quilt of Valor, using the same design as the Christmas quilt.
March (April) Goals:
- Participate in March-Along, sponsored by Darla, the Scientific Quilter. Yes, I think I only missed three days during the month, so I consider it a success. Thank you, Darla!
- Clue #3, Summer Stars at Fawn Lake. Yes, and I’m working away on Clue #4
- Make blocks for Kat’s March/April Covered in Love block drive . Yes!
- Complete donation top using green and white leader-and-enders blocks I’ve completed. Yes, and I quilted it.
Bonus: I turned a backing scrap with a tree print into a wall hanging.
- Complete Clue #4, Summer Stars at Fawn Lake. Yes!
- Complete Clue #5, assembling the top. Yes!
- Make donation blocks (This month, Kat asks us to make blocks for her friend Briawna.) Yes, I made a dozen, and they’re in the mail!
- Make a low-ish volume baby quilt. Yes, the Train baby quilt (in a post soon).
- Add borders to Summer Stars at Fawn Lake.
- Quilt and bind Summer Stars at Fawn Lake.
- Make Heart baby quilt. (low volume)
- Make Anchor baby quilt. (low volume)